8 Questions Every CIO Should Ask When Investing in a Cloud Based Engagement Platform
The industry push towards a mobile-friendly, member engagement platform has gained even more momentum in 2018. “An easy-to-use, online self-service portal is no longer a nice-to-have, but a basic expectation of your customers,” explains Mike Rowe, Healthx CTO. He outlines the 8 questions to consider when investing in a cloud based engagement platform to give your members what they want:
- Is the project core to our business?
- Do I have the ability of internal developers (given competing projects and priorities) to complete this project properly?
- Can or should significant internal resources be allocated to the project?
- Do I have the expertise to design an elegant, intuitive user interface that will compel users to accept and use the solution?
- Does my internal development team have the technical proficiencies to build a competitive enterprise-wide portal experience that will capture an increasing pool of new clients?
- Do I have the availability of infrastructure (servers, routers, data centers, etc.)?
- Do I have the budget to add a project of this magnitude?
- Do I have the budget and internal resources to dedicate to maintaining and upgrading the portal through a five-year software lifecycle?
“Essentially, it (investing in a cloud based engagement platform) is the difference between owning and leasing a corporate plane,” summarizes Rowe. Take a deeper dive into each of these questions from our eBook, Why a Cloud Based Engagement Platform Makes Sense.